Monday, April 11, 2011

Michael's Email

We received Michael's email this morning, which tells us he is coming home. We received his flight itinerary on Saturday, so we kinda had a heads up about it. He will be coming home on the 22nd of this month (April), and we are SO EXCITED!
We are all convinced and assured that this is the right thing to do and we are so happy for him.
Michael mentioned in his email that he is not "coming home early", just on a "different schedule". This might sound a bit like a play on words, but it is interesting to note that it does seem to infuse a different meaning into our minds, and it is a more correct meaning.
He also mentioned that he felt an earthquake one evening around 10:00 as he was sitting at his desk reading Jesus The Christ. His chair moved a little, ending up closer to the wall, and his clothes that were hanging in the closet were swaying. No damage - just a cool new experience.

As a side note: I was thinking about all of the things taking place in our lives right now and some that have in the past years and felt so grateful for the fact that many of them are because we are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and because our lives are centered around Christ. I am so thankful for these wonderful blessings that our loving Heavenly Father sends our way.

I continue to believe that Life is Good!

And one more thing - Chase is home! We traveled thru rain and snow to get him, but we returned safely and are happy to have him here with us again. Our family will go from 5 to 7 again in just a couple weeks. Just when I thought I was getting my meals amounts figured out! :) It's worth it!

Happy Day to all!

3 comments:

The McGary's said...

How exciting for your family! I bet your stress level will got down not having to worry about him out there:) Atleast mine would.

The Stanley's said...

We received our email this morning and Jonathon is coming home June 2
We are so excited!!
It is earlier than he wanted or expected also, but his visa expires two weeks before the transfer date so they are sending him home a bit early. We have also had to express to him that it's okay. They have served so valiantly and well and I am so proud of these wonderful young men!
I have sure grown to gain a love for your family over these years as I've followed along with your experiences through your blog. You are an inspiration to me and have helped me a lot through some of our trials.
Thank you very much and yeah for your missionary. Have fun! Ten days!!

Ellen said...

So excited for Michael to be home, but I will be in Utah helping Jacquie with her wedding. Yes she is getting married after all these years and is so happy. Give Michael a big hug from Aunt Ellen and I will see him soon. Love to all of you!Ellen