Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

We wish everyone a happy Easter today!
What a special day! My heart is full of love and gratitude for our Savior.

I have been wanting to add one of Terry's poems but remembered that I did add it in our 2009 Easter post (check the archives), so here is one that he wrote in 1988 after hearing Sister Killian share her testimony.

A SWELL BROTHER

I've got a brother named Jesus
And I'm His brother too.
He helps me in so many ways
And teaches me what to do.

He's my oldest brother
A perfect example to me.
He says that if I follow him
Happy I will be.

He's got some books He lets me read
Which tell about his plan
To save each one from the fall
Redeeming all of man.

He's got lots of work He talks about
Many things to achieve.
He says there's a work for all to do
Who listen and believe.

He doesn't live with us just now
But I still know He's there.
I can feel His love for me
And am blessed by His good care.

Maybe you know my brother, Jesus.
Perhaps you've felt His peace.
He promised when He comes again
Wickedness will cease.

Well for now I'll try my best
To follow and obey,
So when I see Him face to face
Proudly He can say...

"Well done thou good and faithful servant,
You sure did pass your test.
Now you and I, let's go together
And help out all the rest."

I sure have a swell brother!

No comments: