Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Giving!

Oh the Joy of Giving! It blesses so many lives!



I am so grateful that I can give ... I need to do more of it!

I thank you all for the many things you give to me and my family! You are all awesome! I have felt undeserving of the many gifts you have showered upon us. I have felt guilty that I have not done as much for others this year.
We do feel blessed ... and loved! You have blessed our lives in so many ways!

THANK YOU!

I tried to spend more time in 2011 remembering the things I am grateful for - especially the last couple months. I promise to continue to remember those things, but to also try to give a little more. Giving truly blesses lives.

I don't want to just give though, I want to have charity - charity is the best gift of all.

"Thoughts and acts of charity hold together our societies and link us individually to our Savior." (Quote from HERE)


I really need to remember this -
Elder Marvin J. Ashton (1915–94) of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles: “We often equate charity with visiting the sick, taking in casseroles to those in need, or sharing our excess with those who are less fortunate. But really, true charity is much, much more.

“Real charity is not something you give away; it is something that you acquire and make a part of yourself. And when the virtue of charity becomes implanted in your heart, you are never the same again. …

“Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don’t judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone’s differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended. … Charity is refusing to take advantage of another’s weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other
” (“The Tongue Can Be a Sharp Sword,” Ensign, May 1992, 18–19). This quote is found HERE

No comments: