Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Tuesday (25th) Appointments

We did not meet with Dr. Smith today, but did meet with Dr. Barber.   Dr. Barber was so happy to learn that Terry had no fever this past weekend and that the swelling in the lymph node area in his neck is reducing in size.  The best diagnosis at this point is that these problems of late are all due to internal bleeding, not infection.  They are still painful problems we have to deal with but we are pleased that they are not an infection that cause other complications and harder to fight off.

Terry had 2 red cell and 1 platelets transfusions. 


A great quote for today -
"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny."

- C.S. Lewis

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I too am glad to learn it is not an infection.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of you. I hope this will be a sweet and less painful day.

I am so thankful for my brother, his good wife and children. I am thankful that I got to go visit Terry on Sunday and that I got to be with others of my family that day. I am thankful for the mission I am currently serving and that it allows some flexibility so that I am able to leave for a bit.

Most of all I am thankful for my membership in His church, the plan of salvation, the atonement and the eternal nature of families.

Terry, I love you! May this day be kind to you so you can enjoy your family. Love, Ellen

The Stanley's said...

Very good news. Many prayers and thoughts of hope are constantly being offered for you. :) Bless your whole family!