Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Beautifully Cracked Bowl

A cracked bowl is not usually so beautiful to me. Just look at it! It's really not a desirable look.



Even with the crack, I chose this bowl from among a few things that belonged to Terry's mother, but didn't really know how I would use or display it.

We also sorted through some yarn, thread, and other sewing notions that belonged to her. A lot of these items were randomly put into boxes, however because I do not use yarn much I didn't want to take big bundles of it, but I did choose some tiny balls of yarn with the intent to put them inside one of Idris' jars and set it up above my cupboards.

As I was trying to find a place for these things in our home I decided to put these sewing items in the cracked bowl instead of a jar. It makes the bowl much more beautiful, especially since there is a sentimental attraction. It now sits in my curio cabinet and I love it.



This collection will help remind me of the beautiful woman that once owned them ... the wonderful mother and grandmother that blessed our lives in many ways. I am grateful for her and the love she showed me and my family, and especially for the way she raised her son.

Hey, I found the thimble and added it to this sweet collection. (I moved the bells to another spot, and they fell down to the bottom of the bowl. oops!)