Tuesday, May 5, 2009

REFLECTIONS - My Mom

Mom has always been so very talented and creative. I remember her making a lot of different things as I was growing up. She has sewn quilts and costumes and created things to make one never believe she was not a professional seamstress. She has made unique crafts, assembled beautiful arrangements, and created some beautiful decorations. She can create and design, and make anything look beautiful - it just seems to come natural to her. She has taken up China painting the last several years and has painted some beautiful plates, vases, and lamps. She has always had a beautiful home and yard. Each room in her house is a work of art. Her Christmas trees are gorgeous. She creates beauty all around. There is beauty and grace in her very being. Creating is a big part of womanhood, and she does that so very well.

As I was writing this I was reminded of a Relief Society Broadcast last fall, when Elder Uchtdorf said, "Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist before—colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter." My mother creates this way, and we are blessed because of it. He also said, "The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit, the greater your capacity to create. That is your opportunity in this life and your destiny in the life to come. Sisters, trust and rely on the Spirit. As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you." I believe this because I have seen it through my mother.

No comments: