Monday, October 21, 2013

FULL Day! TOO FULL!

This day began early and ended late for us. 
Terry had a blood draw at 7:00am and went right to the infusion floor for a chemo treatment - Ofatumamab - remember that?  He had that before, maybe a year and a half ago.

This time the Ofa didn't go quite as smoothly.  They dripped it slowly and would slightly speed it up on occasion, but after a couple hours into it Terry started getting itchy and a rash was appearing all over his face and neck and torso until he was bright red.  They stopped the Ofa and gave him so more Benadryl.  After about 30 minutes they started it again, and it was okay for awhile until it started to happen again, so more Benadryl. 

The doctor came in this time and they gave him a stronger medication to combat that reaction - the highest they could give, and then they dripped it slowly, never speeding it up to what they really wanted to get it to. 

By 3:00 (that's about when they gave him the high dose meds) we decided that I should go take care of the paper work to sign into the Pete Gross House (PGH).  So I walked to Pete Gross House, filled out the papers and paid the October fees, and got the keys.  YEAH!  I then walked to the SCCA House and started loading the car.  I decided to take two trips instead of trying to fit it all into one.  I couldn't believe it when it was already 5:45 and I needed to go get Terry because they thought he would be done about then.  I left the car half loaded (or unloaded) at the PGH garage and walked back to Terry.  He still had two hours left so we decided that I would go back to finish unloading the first load and go get the second load. 

It takes a long time to load up all my stuff, unload all my stuff, and move in.  I had just got the last of the things in the car when Terry called to say he was done (8:00pm) and I was heading up to the office to turn in our keys.  I then took the loaded car (loaded with the last of our things) to the clinic and picked up Terry.  If I didn't have all my scrapbooking stuff I'd been a lot faster.  If I hadn't unloaded everything Saturday it would have been a lot easier.  Who knew?

Anyway, we got to the PGH and moved in only what we needed for the night - like the foam mattress cover and clothes.  I'm guessing we have 1/4 of the thing in now, and it won't take long tomorrow.  Part of the problem is that the carts don't hold very much here, so it takes many trips. 

We got the food put in the fridge and what filled our last fridge to overflowing looks like nothing in this one.  It's time to go shopping again.  ;)   Really it is, because now that I can cook, I need stuff to cook with.  We'll be alright for a few meals though.  Oh!  The nice guy at the SCCA House office told us to come back and visit.  We are always welcome to their meals that are given there, so to keep an eye on the newsletter they send over here and come and join them.  That was awesome!  He's so kind.  I can't say that we'll go, but maybe we'll think about it.

We warmed up some food and got our completed dinner at 10:00pm - not so good huh!  We are happy to not have any appointments in the morning. We don't have to be there until 2:15, so I'll be able to put a few more things away.

I'm sorry, but it's just too late for pictures, so I'll try to get that done tomorrow.  

Our new address is

Terry Hebdon (again they say that his name should be on every piece of mail)
525 Minor Ave. N.  Apt. 312
Seattle, W 98109

We're going to bed. He's had an awful day and mine wasn't very easy either, so good night everybody!

2 comments:

Tyler said...

Praying today will be a better day for both of you. Wished I lived in Seattle so I could help you move things and do your shopping so you could rest. So thankful you got into the better apartment. So kind of the other place to invite you to come back for some meals. Sending our love and prayers to all. Love, Sherri and family

Bonnie said...

Whew, I'm worn out just reading about that busy, busy day. Glad it's over and you're all settled into the new digs.