Saturday, October 19, 2013

Saturday and Scrapbooking Area

Today was all ours - and it was much needed.  We started out the morning getting the rest of the things out of the car.  I left the boxes sitting around and we went to get groceries, because our cupboard was bare.

We drove up to Safeway on the hill and the higher we traveled the more fog there was.  It was a most interesting feeling as we reached the top and got ready to turn into the parking lot.  I felt so pleased to be together, in our car, doing some shopping.  It was almost emotional for me ..., almost.  It just felt so good to be on our own and doing some normal life things like we have done before, even though it is the big city life of Seattle (on a foggy day).

We got a few groceries, worrying all the time if we had enough room in our fridge and freezer for everything  because it is so tiny.  Then we went back to the room and put everything away, including the things from the car. 

Now all of my scrapbooking supplies are out and ready to use again, as soon as I get the photos from home.

And now the cupboards are not so bare, though it's still not quite like home.  We are very limited, but feel a little more prepared for the next few days to come.

I still want to get a recliner for Terry to use after transplant.  One thing this place does not have is a nice place to relax.  I think a small recliner will be better than a bed or a hospital style chair out in the hallway, so maybe next week we'll complete that task.

I cleaned the bathroom and washed a load of laundry and brought a puzzle up from the resource room. 

Dinner was lasagna, a green salad, garlic bread, and pumpkin pie.  I can take no credit for any of it except for walking to the kitchen and bringing the plates back.  This dinner was provided by a church in the area.  Good people in the world, blessing lives of others they don't even know.  It happens often around here and we are so grateful for it.

We have said a blessing before every meal ever since I was a little girl and it's never meant as much to me as it has here the last few days. It's an interesting feeling.  We are living with so little here in the way of comfort and ease, which makes me a little more grateful for the little things we do have.  There is a commercial on TV I've seen a couple times that has a quote I like -
 "Even the worst things bring the best along with them!"
So true!

We're watching TV and putting a puzzle together.  Just relaxing so Terry can recover well.  And he is recovering.  The bleeding has lessened, but he is feeling some discomfort around his neck and head like they strapped him down.  I'm sure they did so that they wouldn't damage anything, being so close to the eyes and brain.  We are happy for every little improvement, and we are hoping that they keep coming daily.

It's been a great day filled with tender mercies of the Lord.  We hope you've had a few pleasant moments as well.

Okay, photos for today include the first part of our room.  The single bed area which we don't use, so I filled it up with my scrapbooking supplies.  I guess I'll sit on the bed, cause that's the only place left. I've wondered about asking if they would let me move it out, but I don't feel good about it, so I'll leave it.   I'll share the other parts of the room another time. 

The view from our front door.

 
 
The view into the room.
 




 
The view back toward the door.


There you have it!
FYI - The shelf unit that the paper is on and the little table behind it are things we brought with us.

I guess we should go to bed!



2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Elaine, I love your lemonade! I think you have a gift for finding the good in every situation that comes your way. It's a great gift to have, and share.

Ellen said...

Yes, I agree with Bonnie! You are awesome at always finding the good and so good at sharing. I was thankful to learn that an apartment opened up for you at the Pete Gross House where you will be more comfortable. Hope you have a restful night and remember how much you are loved by so many including us!