Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wednesday Wondering

Well, it's been a crazy day today.  (Just to prove it, I posted this and read one comment on it, looked again and found that there was no post for today.  The same thing happened yesterday, so I've got to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Luckily I got to a computer today where I could copy and paste from my email, the exact thing I had posted previously - which is more proof that it was posted.  What's up?  I can't figure it out! I hope it stays this time.)
 It seems that we are asked the same questions at every appointment, and we are thinking that they all need to read the memo.  Maybe it's not a matter or reading the memo - maybe it's a matter of sending the memo - who knows.  Anyway, at our 9:00 appointment we were told to go to the pharmacy for 3 more prescriptions that she had already sent in. 

We went to our 10:00 appointment and the two doctors there asked all the same questions again and listened to Terry's lungs and heart and looked into his nose and throat, all trying to determine if the transplant should take place as scheduled or be postponed a couple weeks.  They send in their suggestion and the doctors meet and try to determine what will be best.  There are so many different doctors and nurses and physicians of some sort here that it seems kind of confusing.

We left that appointment wondering what would happen next.  That is life around here!

We went to the pharmacy for the new prescriptions that were sent in that morning and found that they weren't actually sent in.  We waited about 30 to 40 minutes and I returned to the pharmacy window to hear that the doctors had stopped that order and we could not get any of those medicines.  That was confusing, so I went up to the 6th floor to ask someone what we were to do.

I learned that they had just contacted Terry about it, and that they were not sure what was going to happen at this point so they are not going to have him start those meds until they decide for sure.  Okay, too bad they didn't have that decided earlier.  Maybe they should have scheduled our appointments in a different order.  There are so many maybes here.

You might sense a bit of frustration in my post today, and if so, you would probably be right.  There are a few things causing that -
- We don't want to be here two more weeks under isolation.  We just learned that we cannot ride the shuttle when he is in isolation, so I'm going to have to drive back and forth each day. 
- We don't want to be away from the family for an extra couple weeks. 
- And, I took the shuttle (without Terry) to Safeway for distilled water and there wasn't any in the store.  I had to wait and return without it.  I guess I will just boil some water. ???

I think everyone at the clinic is confused right now and we are going to have to put up with it for awhile, until they can get their info all together and everyone gets on the same page.  It's finally so confusing that I wonder if it might happen soon because it seems that it cannot get any worse and they must all be feeling it by now.  We do have a clinic visit tomorrow with our team, so maybe they can get something figured out by then.  Until then, we'll just keep wondering ...

 Now, on the lighter side -

We saw the lady who performed Terry's EKG a few days ago and she mentioned to him that day that he was "cool".  There was a bit of fun started with that and she told us that when she would see us in the clinic she would recognize Terry as the "cool dude".  Well, she has seen Terry twice since then and each time she has said "there's the cool dude" - it's been a cute thing that brings a smile to our faces.

And one more cute thing --- we were sitting in the waiting room waiting for the second appointment today and a smaller older woman walked from the counter through the doorway into the hall.  Before she went through the door she looked over to the right and softly said hi.   That doesn't sound strange at all when you hear it like that, so let me show you who she said hi to.


She said hi to Doctor Thomas, the man in the frame.   ;)     She was looking down into her bag and quickly walking thru that doorway and something must have caught her attention, and she didn't want to be rude, so she looked over and said hi before realizing it wasn't a real person.  She was out of sight so quickly that I couldn't tell if she was laughing to herself or if she even realized what she had done, but it sure made me smile.

Smiles are good here.  We enjoy them!   Hope you have a few smiles today!

I'll sign off here, and head out to do some laundry.  :) 


6 comments:

Louise said...

So sorry this has been such a confusing day for you two. Tomorrow will be a better day-lots of prayers coming your way!

Bonnie said...

A couple more smiles for you. ☺ ☻

Anonymous said...

Love you guys we keep praying for all of you over there and over here too.

Ellen said...

So I, Ellen, am wondering why it will let me comment as anonymous. There is another smile for all of us.

Ellen said...

Oh snap, I think I have it figured out.....SMILE

Jenna said...

Waiting for medication im pharmacy is hell.. Thats why i use online pharmacy