Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Blessing Today!

Just a Dexa scan today.  Other appointments were postponed until Terry's body is a bit more hydrated.  But our day wasn't empty. 

We got the key to the new apartment a day early so we could begin moving things over.  We cannot stay there overnight, but they allowed us to move things.  Our hope is to go home for the weekend, so we are going to have to have everything moved and keys turned in before we leave.  I boxed some things earlier, and did a lot of boxing and moving things today. 

The other apartment in different size and shape but I finally got it workable for us.  My biggest problem is fitting in my scrapbooking stuff.  I almost packed it up to take it home, but moved furniture one more time just to see if I could make it work.  And it did.   I moved every piece of furniture in the living room at least twice and some three and four times.  Oh Bother!  I asked them to remove the sofa table to storage and they agreed to, so that gives us a bit more space to use.

I also took a few shelving units and a bed side table and lamps over to that apartment.  We were told we could move any piece of furniture we wanted because it is just going to be stored for the next several months.  This gave us a few more options for storing things, though it's still not enough. 

The new kitchen is smaller.  Oh Bother!  The master bedroom is much better ..., I wont hit my arm on a dresser when I walk in and out.  The master bathroom is quite a bit bigger and has a nice storage closet.  However, I need that storage closet in the kitchen, not the bathroom.  The extra bedroom is about the same, possibly a foot or so wider.  There is still a nice hall closet and the laundry closet is possibly a bit bigger, but not enough to make it usable space.

I'll try to put up some photos next week.

Now for the best news of the day ... our blessing for the day -

Thomas and Dana had a baby boy this morning ...

Boston Drew Hebdon
6 lbs, 1 oz.
3 weeks early, but healthy!
He joins his brother, Auger Wayne, and sister, Akleigh Elyn.

Sorry no photos of him.  Maybe this weekend.

If blood counts allow, we are goin' home to see him!  I'm excited, but Terry is not feeling well enough to feel too excited about anything right now.  Kinda nauseated.  He didn't help move things, except carrying a lamp over one time, but he did come over to the apartment with me a couple times.  I think he'd rather be asleep not feeling anything right now.  We've drugged him as much as we feel comfortable with, but it's not doing enough yet.  I wish I could help him more.


Okay, I'll post a little Valentine tonight since I can't promise I will post one tomorrow!  We do hope you have a lovely day!  ;)


valentine scraps
image from here

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Congratulations on baby Boston. I love the name! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ... Hope you get to go home.