Monday, February 10, 2014

T79

Well, today's clinic visits were the beginning of the "work up" - work up is what they call the appointments scheduled before going home at the T100 day.  (Just to be clear, I'm thinking that we won't really get to leave before T104, because we must wait for the results of the bone marrow biopsy and I don't think we'll have those until then.  T100 isn't a magical number.)  This is good news, in that they think that we will be able to go home, but it does not necessarily mean that the transplant is considered successful.  They have told us that it is possible that the things they would do here could also be done in Wenatchee, or it is possible we will travel back to appointments here.  It all depends on what needs done.  So, if things continue as planned we will have about a month left living here in Seattle.    Sounds good!  But it is likely that they change their mind and we have to be here longer.  We'll see!

The first appointment was a photo op.  Yip, they take pictures of Terry's skin.  I guess this is to help document changes due to GVHD.  I can't help but wonder if they will ever use them.  They didn't last time, but he smiles for the camera anyway.  Wait ..., truth is, he really doesn't smile for the camera. 

Next appointment was a pulmonary function test. These are to check the lungs, and are done when we first come for transplant and just before leaving.   Things looked good, the technician praised him for his good work, even with his cough. 

The last appointment was the Vidaza infusion. That went well too.  We are wondering though if that is the culprit for the nausea.  I also wonder if it is due to the change in Myfortic (medication to control GVHD) that he had a few days ago too.  They both happened about the same time, so it's hard for me to know, but maybe the doctors will shed some light on that tomorrow.

It is interesting to be talking or thinking about going home when Terry is feeling kinda crummy.  He is almost always nauseated lately and just doesn't feel really well.  It seems that he would be happy if we could cross just one thing off his list of "icky" before he adds another.  That doesn't happen very often for him.  We still have a few weeks here, so there is time to get feeling better.

I guess we will begin our move to the new apartment this weekend if things go as planned.  The plastic isn't down yet, so I'm curious to see if they can make it work as planned.  Three cart loads of boxes and things already got taken out of the apartment and stacked up at home, so that will help a bit with the move.  It will however, add a bit of work to my schedule when I get home.  I'm actually writing a TO DO list for when I get home because there is so much I want and need to do.   I'm gonna be one busy mom for a few months ..., at least.

Here is another puzzle we finished.

Cute huh!  and it comes in a cute little tin.

Can you what the first section completed was? 

It was the cow and fence line!  Then the hay field at the right.  Then the tractor, boy, wagon and puppies.  The sky was last.  It often is for us.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Meanwhile back on the farm......I love it! I'm glad you got to go home and be with B Jo for her game. As always, we will not let up on the prayers..hope tomorrow is good. Love you, Ellen