Saturday, January 3, 2015

Back to School +

We took BrittanyJo to Rexburg to start this next semester of college.  The roads were really good for us on the way there but there was compact snow on the roads at least half of the way home (but they didn't slow us down too much and we didn't have any problems).  The trees were lovely to see.


We left BrittanyJo feeling kinda sick.  She was alone in her apartment with no one to require her attention so she could rest or organize as she desired.  We can see with this next picture that she did some organizing (though if she is at all like her mother, things might still change after she lives there for awhile).  This is her side of the room, then her side of the walk in closet, then the bathroom - all inside her room - it's really a nice place.



apartment exterior has such a fun look and the inside is pretty cool too


While we were gone Chase headed back to Wenatchee for his new semester.  He had a project to work on before school started and some friends to visit before he left.

Monday (5th) will be the first day back to school for BJo, Chase, and Anthony.  Big Day!  

Connor will be looking for work and trying to settle in to a new routine, which is what I will be trying to do too (I guess I already have my new job, but will need to settle in to that new routine).

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with the thought of it all, but it's just because I haven't had to worry about those types of things before and I don't understand the mail I'm getting and the work that is required.  I am so glad that Thomas knows some of it, but there is some that he hasn't worked with yet too.  I'll be setting up some meetings with a few people who can help us learn about whatever we need to learn about.  I think it will just keep going with a domino effect from there.

I will try to remember Terry's encouraging words -
"It will turn out better than you think!" 
as I continue on this journey.   Day to day life is just different than it ever has been before and it is just going to keep changing for awhile.

Through the last week some of the kids have mentioned how I've changed and I just tell them that I will never be the same again.  No matter how hard I try I cannot be the same.  Not much in my day to day life is the same as it used to be so there is no way I can remain the same.  Some change will be indifferent - not necessarily better, but not really worse either - just different.  However, because we are constantly striving to be and do better I do hope to change for the better in many ways.   With the help of the Lord I know I can do it.


I'll end this post with a puzzle we did over the holiday.  You may remember that puzzles have been a big part of our lives the last few years and especially last year, so it felt right to keep that tradition going.  It was a little hard for me the first several minutes but I didn't want that part of me to change so I kept going and it soon became relaxing and therapeutic.  


That is how I hope to make things work for me in the future - I will persevere ... until it becomes easier.  Not that the thing has changed, but that my ability to do so has.

Ralph Waldo Emerson: That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do, not that the nature of the thing has changed but that our power to do has increased. power, inspirational, nature. Meetville Quotes
(image from here)

When I tried to find that quote above I found these too.  They are all good, so I'm adding them as a gentle reminder.

Truly, “We become what we give our hearts to, for we are shaped by what we desire and seek after.” –Sheri L. Dew … “That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do, not because the nature of the thing has changed, but because our power to do it has increased.” –Ralph W. Emerson … Enjoy more from Elder Scott  http://pinterest.com/pin/24066179229025576
(image from pinterest, but complete article from Elder Scott can be found here)

(image found here)


Well, here I "grow"  ...





1 comment:

Ellen said...

I like Brittany's new room...looks really nice.

Welcome home and Happy New Year.