Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Positive Thinking!



it's all perspective
(image from pinterest)


"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."  
- Winnie the Pooh



We sang the song God Be With You Till We Meet Again for the closing song at Terry's funeral.  This was not originally meant to be a funeral song, but has been used many times for funerals.  However, to me, this song seems to be sung more by the person who has passed on instead of those left behind. We here on earth need God to "uphold us".   I know Terry is in good hands and is taken care of - I do not worry for him because I know he is fine.   It is those of us here that need His help.

FYI - This song and some history about it can be found here.

The words are lovely, and they testify that we will meet again!  I love that!  I look forward to that with great excitement.


God be with you till we meet again By his counsels guide, uphold you 
With his sheep securely fold you God be with you till we meet again
Till we meet, till we meet, God be with you till we meet again
Till we meet, till we meet, till we meet at Jesus’ feet
Till we meet, till we meet, God be with you till we meet again
God be with you till we meet again


We will meet again at Jesus' feet if we strive to remain true and faithful, and our "good-byes" will seem but a small moment, with our hello being so very joyful and pleasant.

I don't know if I can take life any faster right now, but sometimes I wish there was a fast forward switch so I could already see him again.  I'll try to wait patiently.





2 comments:

Becky Noftle said...

I'm sure it's unbelievable to experience what you are right now, but I'm so impressed and touched by your faith. Thank you for sharing it.

Ellen said...

I agree with Becky. I look forward to, enjoy and cherish every precious and heartfelt post on your blog, Elaine. What a sterling example you are of everything virtuous, lovely, of good report and praiseworthy. Love you so much!