Monday, May 17, 2010

Sunday / Monday

The internet was down Sunday, so we couldn't post, but we had a good day!

Sunday was a special day for sure! Gregory brought the kids over for a special occasion - Anthony received the Aaronic Priesthood and was ordained to the office of Deacon. Usually this type of thing happens in the bishops office at the ward meeting house, occasionally it happens in one's home, but for Anthony it happened in our apartment, here in Seattle.

It was so awesome to see the boys in their white shirts and ties, with their sister, walking up the street to the door - a sight that definitely pulled on the heart strings. Then to see them in the family room after the blessing/ordination, giving hugs and enjoying the special moment, was another ... well, special moment.




It was a quick trip for them. They came and took care of business, ate, and had to leave after a little visiting. But, we had a good time together, ending it with banana shakes and berry smoothies before they headed home.
Try this one:
Summer Very Berry Cherry Smoothie (it takes longer to say the name than it does to make it :)
1 cup yogurt (Cherry Vanilla, or any berry yogurt - we had raspberry)
3/4 cup cranberry juice
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
3 ice cubes
Combine in blender or processor until smooth. Enjoy!

I know it was just yesterday, but we look forward to the next visit already :).

Because our internet was down, we couldn't watch any General Conference talks online. We did put in a DVD from Time Our For Women and watched it. We enjoyed the music and the message. Each speaker had a one liner that I thought was clever and useful to remember. I'm going to have to watch it again to write them all down. One was; "All you can do is the best you can do, and that's all God expects. They (God and Christ) can fill in the rest."

Monday has not been the best day for Terry as far as feeling really well, but he was able and willing to let me "drag" him around a bit. We didn't have a clinic visit so we ventured out to find a Walmart store. We made it, and to Macy's too. Terry walked the Walmart store with me but sat in the car while I went into Macy's. We took care of some wedding preps and headed back to the apartment.
We are continuing Terry's hydration and he is resting after the busy morning.
These roads are crazy around here and I think I like driving to TriCities or Wenatchee much better :) At least I know where I'm going to some degree, and I could always find my way back home. I get so turned around here, it's awful. The only directions I can really feel are that up is up and down is down, but North, South, East and West keep changing on me :) Terry tells me that they are staying the same, but I sure can't find them when I need them most. Oh Ya! Their on my mirror, but I didn't think to look there. I just ask for directions from the nice guy beside me - yip, that's Terry. Samantha tries to help us, but sometimes she just confuses us. At least she recalculates for us in a hurry.

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Funny that it is a she and names Samantha. We took ours to Florida so I could use while Wayne was working. I took it out with me every day and left it on the floor of my car and just went North or South on Interstate 95. It worked just as well for me and asking one time at a convenience store. Glad that you were able to get out and about a little this morning. Keep up the good work there. Love to you both, Ellen

Anonymous said...

Good looking group you've got. Sorry i didn't come with them. i was still at the church when they left. When is a good day to come visit this week?

Bishop

Tyler said...

The pictures really got to me as I looked at so many people I love so much. I remember when I still lived at home Gregory was my little buddy and now he has children of his own. Wow, time goes by fast. I love you all and hope you are having healthy day so far. We pray for you many times a day and we hope you can feel their strength when you need it most.
Always, Sherri

Becky Noftle said...

Recalculating, recalculating, ahhh good times in Seattle!

Jake said...

What a special day! My mom always has accused me of being the softy in the family and it's true. reading this post and looking at the pictures brought a tear to my eye.

You have a beautiful family and I'm honored to be able to count you all as part of my family. Keep up the good work and the Lord will continue to bless you. I can't wait to come and see you all when you get back into town.

Hugs to you from Jake, Portia, Conner and Jaden!