Monday, May 10, 2010

Manic Monday & Missionary Michael & Medical Madness & More :)

MANIC MONDAY =
Wow! It's nice to have a small apartment today :). I cleaned and sterilized every inch of the place today. It smells a lot like bleach though, and it's too chilly to open the door for long. I've needed a lot of water today as I have been working and I have so enjoyed the good well water. We've had a hard time with the water here. Terry's taste changes even make it worse. So our kids brought us a couple containers of our own delicious hard water to enjoy for awhile. What a treat! Thanks so much! I feel cleaner as I drink that great water :)
We also changed Terry's bandage, so he's clean too :)
.
We woke up to rain this morning, (yip, more about water :), so the fun chalk art was washed away, but there were some cute little bubbles running down toward the drain, due to the excess bubbles that were dumped and still on the cement. It was fun to watch for a few minutes. We feel pretty lucky to have the largest private deck in the building. It created more space for us and a place for some great activities.
.
MISSIONARY MICHAEL=
We got some photos from Michael last night after I blogged, so I am adding them here today.



This is the group of students that they are teaching English.
I know that I said this already in yesterday's post, but he is doing well and we are pleased!
.
MEDICAL MADNESS=
Terry is doing well. He has had a few moments of feeling kinda tired and icky, but is doing well for the most part. He has spent much of the day doing some bookkeeping and reading.
.
MORE :)=
Mother's Day continued, as we got our mail and found a card from Brandon and Megan and some fun scrapbooking stickers - perfect for the occasion! Thanks so much!
AND
We do have some great news. We saved the best for last, so that those who made it all the way thru the post would receive the greatest news ;) and it would be fresh on their minds. :) We wanted to not share it until .... Well, we wanted to hold off for awhile, but this news is just too good to keep quite for any length of time.
Skyler and Lisa are getting married!! Yep! August 10th, in the Columbia River Temple. Awesome huh! I'll have to get another photo of them, but until I do, just refer to the January post with the photo of the 3 Royal guys and the 3 Moses Lake girls. Lisa is the gal with Skyler.
Congrats to Skyler and Lisa!

5 comments:

Louise said...

Congratulations to Skyler and Lisa, I have found that you can never have too many daughters! So glad to see that most of your children got to come for a visit too. Terry and Elaine, you both look really good!. Have a great week.

Shawna Scorup said...

What an exciting post! Congrats to Skyler and Lisa. So good to see Elder Michel's pictures too. The new patio will see some fun in August. Amen-Terry and Elaine DO look really good. Love to you both.

Tyler said...

Congratulations on the upcoming sealing of Skyler and Lisa. We are proud of them and the good choices they have made and are making. I loved, loved, loved, the pictures taken over the weekend. I am thankful for the wonderful time you had with each other. Just wish I could have been there too. Some day we will be together again. Bryan is in Portland til Wednesday on business. Dallin went to Twin Falls with his Uncle John to do some job shadowing as a Drug Rep. He sounds really good tonight. Tyler and Erika and I decided to go have some fun too so we ate at Cafe Rio and then looked for prom dress for Erika. I think we will end up just borrowing one from a family in our stake. Her name came to me as I was mowing the lawn today. I called her and she said she was leaving in twenty minutes. Good thing I called when I did. It fit Erika like it was made for her. We will send some pictures this next week as the dance is on Saturday. She just got asked today so we are in hurry up mode. We continue to pray for you daily and think of you hourly. There was an article in our paper Sunday about the very procedure that Terry went through. I think it was a tender mercy to read about other who have done so well. Have a wonderful day tomorrow and thank you for doing this blog. I look forward to seeing how you are every day.
Always, Sherri

Ellen said...

Well I am late as you can see with posting any comments. I am back home and to my computer so I can catch up. How wonderful the pictures are of Mother's Day weekend. I was able to share them and the last several posts with mom dad here yesterday morning before we left to take them back home and they were so excited (as was I) to see a pic of the 2 of you. You do both look incredibly wonderful!!!!!!! I thank the Lord every day for all the little tender mercies that are coming to each of us in this family, especially for the miracles of communication we have. I could not believe how fast you got the package either. Wow, and to think that there only used to pony express. We are so blessed. Good luck this week and keep up the good work there. I love you so much, Ellen

Becky Noftle said...

Yeah Skyler & Lisa, congratulations!