Saturday, May 1, 2010

Our Adventure!

We decided to brave the roads today and drive to the clinic for our appointment and then go to the grocery store (and to a shoe store if I could talk Terry into it).

Well, we got to the car and it wouldn't start, so we walked to the clinic for his blood draw. When we got back Terry waited at the car in case someone would come by and he could have them help jump it, and I took the fluids we picked up at the pharmacy up to our refrigerator. By the time I got back down to the car he did have some help - many thanks to the kind lady! We have been so happy to ride with Dennis and MaryAnn while they were here and use the shuttle that we have left the car in the garage since we got here. It has been 19 days since we parked it there. That is a long time for us. I guess it just got tired of waiting and didn't want to go anymore.

We drove to Safeway where I did the shopping and Terry stayed in the car, leaving it running so we would have a way back. We also found a US Bank open and did some banking that we needed to do. We then found a place to purchase a battery and came back to the apartment. Terry began to work at replacing the battery and I began to carry groceries up to the apartment. I decided that I had indeed purchased too many groceries since it took me so many trips back and forth.
I helped Terry a little with the battery and by the time we were done and back to the apartment we both felt so exhausted that we sat to rest a bit.
We got a call from the clinic and learned that Terry has no fighting white blood cells, so he now needs a new medicine, starting tonight. So, I walked to the clinic for his meds, leaving Terry here, connected to his pump getting his fluids.

When I returned I told Terry that I had seen over 2 dozen boats on the lake, and looking out our window to see what we could see from our little view we saw the two sail boats that I mentioned in yesterday's post, so I got this picture from our deck.
That wonderful power pole is in perfect view isn't it!?!?!?
Terry suggested that I go up to the roof to get a better photo. I'd never been to the roof before, but had thought it would be a fun place to see.
I took the stairs just outside our door, and guess what? The door was locked and I couldn't get out onto the roof. So I went down a flight of stairs and walked around to a different set of stairs and then back up to the roof. That door worked!
This is the view I had when I walked out the door, onto the roof.
No wonder I couldn't get out the door on our side. That door does indeed go out to the roof, but it's not a patio roof, just the ugly roof top that the mechanics would want to get to.
Here is a view of the roof from the other direction. It isn't a large place, but it is the roof.
And this is the view of the ships on the lake from the roof.
I really don't want to climb any more stairs today and I don't want to walk to the clinic again. The clinic is uphill both ways. Really!
Oh, we never did make it to the shoe store. Maybe that will be an adventure for another day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

love the ships! that is so awesome!

Shawna Scorup said...

We are excited to fast/pray tomorrow on Terry's behalf. We know that has been powerful in the past and trust itwill continue to be so. Time Out For Woment was wonderful-will share some things in a letter.Love to both of you.Shawna and Ellen

Ellen said...

I love the pictures you are taking there. These ships are so wonderful looking. Thanks so much for sharing them with all of us.