Tuesday, May 11, 2010

We're doing fine here in our home away from home!

Still playing the waiting game!
Blood draw today, and we have not received a call for any changes, so we keep on keepin' on.

We did receive a package in the mail today, filled with some fun things to eat, do, and use to help us with that keepin' on. Thanks so much for the kindness. So many have been so generous - Thank you! We feel your love for us and send it right back - hoping you feel it too!

Terry was reading in The Progressive Farmer magazine and found some quotes we'll share. They seemed quite fitting for the life we are presently living - here in Seattle, happy to be here to take care of Terry's health needs, but our thoughts are definitely drawn toward home.

"Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to." John Ed Pearce

"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it." George Moore

"My home is in heaven. I'm just traveling through this world." Billy Graham

"The most important work you will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." Harold B. Lee

"The more one does and sees and feels, the more one is able to do, and the more genuine may be one's appreciation of fundamental things like home, and love, and understanding companionship." Amelia Earhart

"A child on the farm sees a plane fly overhead and dreams of a faraway place... A traveler on the plane sees the farmhouse and thinks of home." Unknown

"I'd rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world." George Washington

"I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself." Maya Angelou

1 comment:

Ellen said...

So I forgot some of the things I wanted to say in the other comments, so since no one has taken any space yet on this one I will add the rest. Michael looks so wonderful and it was so great to see him, his bike and the people he is teaching. I am so proud of him and finally got some air mail stamps so I can write him a letter. Elaine, I love the apron. I am an apron girl too and that one is really cute. Love to you both, Ellen