Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Peace is Possible: The Christmas Truce of 1914

The most commonly used resource for the Christmas Story is found in Luke 2.  I remember reading it as a young girl in primary.  We were given a paper visual of the nativity scene to display as we read the verses to tell the story.  The stable is the first part of the story and three more pieces are added to it as the story is read.


You can see that I still own one (shown above) and each time I see it it brings great memories to mind.  It's a wonderful story.  No story can top it.

There are, however, some other great stories that inspire and uplift.  One such story is told (in short version) in this music video.  It is indeed a beautiful message.

The Christmas Truce  December 1914





There is another video that shares the story -




This truce must have been such a welcome peace in the midst of such terrible war.  How awful it must have felt to then turn around after such a wonderful moment and attack the friends one had just made.  Those who lived to tell this story regard it as a most precious experience. I can only imagine.

If everyone could feel the love of God and BELIEVE and live those teachings what a wonderful world this could be.  The Christmas Truce would be the normal instead of the abnormal.


Christ is the true source of Peace.  Faith in Him will lead us to peace.


OK, I was going to leave this post at this point, but I found a cute story about the first Christmas.  I know this is supposed to be about music, but it seems that I've changed this post up a bit to tell about stories of Christmas.  So, I'm going to share one more story of Christmas - it is the story of the first Christmas - as told by children.

FYI - This isn't a reverent story - oh wow! - that doesn't sound good does it?!?!?!?!

It is a cute story.  It should bring a smile, maybe even a few chuckles.  I think it will be worth it.  ;)   It's good to laugh!

Christmas according to kids



Maybe I should get my grandchildren together and create a Christmas story.  I really like that idea!

I just figured out what I want for Christmas!  Happy Day!




No comments: