Friday, November 18, 2011

MEDICAL SCIENCE

This has been one of my options for A Grateful Heart ever since I began. Today is the day for it!

I am so grateful for doctors, nurses, medicines, etc. The best way for me to encompass it all would be to use the term medical science. I've used that term often, but thought I'd check on it before I actually posted today. I think I'll keep using it ... it fits ...

thefreedictionary.com gives this definition
Noun 1. medical science - the science of dealing with the maintenance of health and the prevention and treatment of disease


Delivering and raising 9 children has given many opportunities to need and use a doctors services, clinics, pharmacies, etc. (Not to mention the opportunities for our parents and siblings, grandchildren, etc.) There have been several times that lives were lengthened or given better quality throughout the years, and we are grateful for every single time that medical science intervened and made things right for us.

We are currently undergoing treatment together ... I say together (though I speak of my husband's disease) because it affects us all in different; very real ways ... for SLL/CLL. He has had several dozen chemo treatments, a bone marrow transplant and most recently a DLI in hopes of clearing up that cancer. At this point we have no sign of whether the treatment will be a success, but we have hope.

We continue to rely on the doctors and scientists and researchers to help us out and send us down the right path to healing. We trust in their care and hope all goes well.

I wanted to keep this short, but cannot end this post without saying thank you to all who have and are praying and caring for us. THANK YOU!

And I cannot end without sharing this - We are grateful that we can turn to God for peace - The Lord Is Our Strength! (But, more on that later!)

No comments: