Friday, January 10, 2014

12 Flag

Can you believe I forgot something in the previous post?  Well, I did!  While at the clinic today - on the 6th floor waiting for our team appointment, we saw this out the window. 



On the way to the clinic we saw the 12 flag on the corner of the Fred Hutchison building.
 



On the way back from the clinic we saw this one ...



And this one is also on the way back from the clinic (but I cheated and took this photo the next day and added it later). 

 
Did you notice all the construction cranes in the air?  Seattle is definitely under construction everywhere we turn.

Then, on the way to the store we saw one on the corner of the park a couple blocks up the road.  (no photo of that one)


Many of the employees were wearing their Seahawks attire today.  There was talk of it everywhere.  It sure is a big thing.  We are in Seattle!

I didn't know what that flag represented until now - (actually I hadn't even known it existed until now ..., I'm not really a sports enthusiast, and this proves it I guess).  I have learned a little about it -

The 12th Man The Loud and the Proud"At every home game just before kickoff, the flag is raised in honor of the 12th MAN."
"The Seattle fans had such an impact on the success of the team in the 1980's that Seahawks President Mike McCormack retired the number 12 jersey on December 15, 1984 forever. A tribute to the best fans in the NFL."

PS -
Coram came a little after 9:00pm, so we are just getting done with the Meropenem infusion.  It's beeping!  Gotta go! 

Good Night!

No comments: