Tuesday, January 21, 2014

T59

Today was a full day for us.

We arrived at the clinic for a 9:15am CT scan and the technician decided that it wasn't necessary because of the scan he had last week. We had wondered about that ourselves. We went to the lab for blood draw and then up to the 6th floor to wait for our 11:15am appointment. 

Our appointment had a late start and we didn't get out of there until about 1:00pm.  We had new info about medications and infusions and upcoming events. 

OH BOTHER!  They decided they do want a Bone Marrow biopsy after all.  It will be next week. 

Terry's blood counts are getting pretty low so they are watching carefully.  The platelets count was 23 and because of the blood in the urine they wanted that number higher, so we had to go back in for a platelets infusion today at 4:30pm.  It went well.

WBC is .43(L)
RBC is 3.59(L)
ANC is 0.24(C = critical)

We are happy that the Creatinine is at a good place (0.96) and we are watching the glucose level since it is high at 153(H).  We think that the juices he is drinking is contributing to that count and we are happy to find that water is tasting better to him all the time so hopefully that count will continue to lower.

The virus CMV is still present, so they are changing the Ganciclovir infusion to a new drug infusion.  We will go in to the clinic for the first infusion of Foscarnate tomorrow.  It will then be a daily infusion we will do at the apartment. 

There are a few medicine changes happening in the next few days, so it's going to be a bit tricky, but luckily some of them will change when we run out of them so we will have reason to think about it and make the necessary changes.  One thing we have learned here is that change happens ..., regularly.

Terry is still suffering with chronic sinusitis and we don't see much of an end to it with anything we try to do to fix it.  It seems to be traveling from one side to the other.  We continue to pray that it will improve and we continue to endure to the end of it.  They will possibly give another IGIV later, hoping to help that out a bit, but we wait to hear. 

Good news is that the CT scan done last week shows a notable decrease in the lymph nodes in the chest and neck area.  Awesome huh! 

Well, I think that's it for the medical part of the day.  We did drive to the bank and the store after lunch today.  Part of that was medical too, because we had to pick up more Vit. D and Sudafed. 

We walked back to the apartment in the dark and Terry is getting his hydration ...  and, ssshhhh! he's sleeping.  He doesn't get to do that often, but I think the Benadryl they gave him with the platelets infusion has kicked in.  I hope he can sleep thru the night. He won't want to be awake because we have a 4 hour power outage scheduled to begin at 11:00pm tonight, so what will he do in the dark if he can't read or use the computer or TV?  I guess he will just have to think.

As for the Sights and Sounds of Seattle - here is the Space Needle as we viewed it on our walk tonight.

And here is a fun puzzle we did quickly after the bear puzzle.  This was bright and beautiful color and very easy to complete.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I sure wish there was some way I could help you guys....like take some of the sinusitis for Terry. I will continue to pray every day for improvement. I am thankful to hear about the ct scan results....yea! Love to both of you.

Louise said...

They sure seem to keep you two busy, I guess that's to be expected and a good thing! I love to check in on you and feel your faith and determination to get through this and get back home. Take care and know there are a lot of prayers being offered on your behalf.