Thursday, January 9, 2014

T47

Today was the first Azacitidine infusion. We are learning that Vidaza is the name they use here when referring to that drug.  Silly how drugs have so many names.   The I and the first A in Vidaza are long vowel sounds and the last A sounds like uh (it's a quick uh sound, don't drag it out like you're dumb founded.)  ;)
Things went well.  The infusion itself is infused in about 20 minutes, but because we check in, wait for the call to the room, meet the first nurse who then takes vital signs, wait for the drug, verify the drug and patient name and info, begin infusion ending with a couple minutes of saline, disconnecting and saying good-bye it took us from 9:00am until about 10:25am.  Simple huh!

We went to the resource room to print some info we needed and came back to the apartment to continue the meds schedule and saline infusion and Ganciclovir infusion.  Only half a liter of hydration over 2 hours so that's nice, and the Ganciclovir is only one hour and down to only once a day now. 

It's is nice to have something to do during our days, because sometimes it is so cold and rainy outside that we just don't wanna go out.  It was a very wet day yesterday and today was windy and cold so we've stayed in as much as possible and took the shuttle instead of walking when we did have to go to the clinic. 

Puzzles are my go to for something different.  I still do some scrapbooking, but I just can't do that all day, so puzzles are nice.  Here are the last two we worked on. 

We are really anxious for the good weather though.  We wanna take a walk in the great outdoors.

I made cookies today - it's only the second time since we arrived here.

I had a package mix that was given to us and it felt like a good time to make them.  I'm trying to use up a lot of packaged items we have so we don't have to move them.  Ya, we learned that some time this month we will probably have to move to the other end of the complex.  The construction will be completed on that end and will begin on this end, so they want to move everyone to the newly finished end.  Oh Bother! 
We don't know when this will take place, but we patiently await for an update from the office.  Hopefully it's just a trip down the hall and not to a different floor.

Terry may have slept better last night due to smaller doses of steroids daily.  We are tapering, with the smallest dose beginning tomorrow, so he looks forward to feeling even better after a couple more days.

3 comments:

Shawna Scorup said...

you certainly have my vote to feel better! and the sooner the BETTER:)

Ellen said...

And my vote also!

Ellen said...

And my vote also!