Thursday, January 23, 2014

T61

We met with the infectious disease doctors today and they agreed that we stay the course that has been set.  These kind people apologize for not having a sure fire way of clearing this up tomorrow or even at all and they express sympathy and concern for the discomfort and pain Terry experiences.  It is common for CLL patients to suffer with chronic sinusitis so that just gives us one more reason to hope for success with this transplant. 

Our afternoon was spent hydrating and infusing Foscarnet, and things went well.  It is nice to be able to infuse that at home for 4 1/2 hours instead of going in to the clinic which would take even more time and be a much less comfortable place to rest.  Being in an apartment does leave something to be desired, but it does have some comforts of life that we enjoy.  We are happy to have those comforts - it IS a BIG deal!    And, being together is another!

Image is a card on our fridge, given to us from a friend.

Terry is suffering with cramps in his calves and is awakened at night with those cramps.  His magnesium, potassium, and calcium levels are being watched carefully and are in the normal range due to additives in his hydration.  Cramps are a common things transplant patients experience, and we remember this from the first transplant he had in 2010.  These are not fun!

The BK virus is positive in his urine and there is not much they can do for that right now because of the other problems that medication causes the patient.  However, they did prescribe Pyridium to help with the discomfort and pain. 

The blood counts are still low, which doesn't help with all of his health issues, but actually contribute to them.  We have another blood draw tomorrow and we will learn if he will need a platelets or other blood product infusion.

I don't really have any other news and we haven't done a puzzle in the last couple days.  I did order a couple and somehow messed up and had them sent to the wrong address.   Oh Bother! 

I guess I'll spend some time organizing a few things because we will be moving sometime between the 29th of Jan. and 1st of Feb.  The construction on that half of the building will be completed this weekend and they want to work on this half of the building, so they will move us to a different apartment - #301.  One more experience to add to our life!  We'll make it a good one.

As I sat at the computer last night (sending photos to be printed) I heard the yelling, screeching and squealing of a lady that lives across the street.  It sounds like a wild animal in search of it's prey or warning off predators.  It has become a familiar sound to us here, but it is an eerie sound that especially feels worse as we sit by the window in the evening as she sounds off.   We remember it from the first stay here a few years ago, but it is definitely more often and worse than it was then, probably because we are now on this side of the building.  We are sure that it is due to some sort of physical and/or mental ailment and we feel sorry for her.  She is likely no threat to anyone but the sound can certainly be unnerving.   We don't hear it as easily in our bedroom and we hope that the location of apartment #301 will make it even more difficult to hear. 

THANK YOU to all who are helping our children back home.  We miss you all and send our love!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Terry, do you remember the time you helped dad give me a blessing there at the house when I had such severe cramps in my inner thighs? I am so sorry that you have to deal with that along with all the other stuff. May the good Lord send healing your way soon is my prayer. I love you so much!,