Tuesday, January 28, 2014

T66

We had our bone marrow biopsy and blood draw today.  Everyone at the clinic was so happy to  meet Michael and see our sweet Elsie.  It was a delight for all.  We enjoyed our time together and are grateful for Michael and Lisa for inviting them.  We enjoyed the visits with them too. 

I just about missed getting a photo, but at the last minute realized my mistake and was able to get this shot -


She is so sweet.  We had a great time and she was happy to be here, however, the last hour or so it seemed to me that little things would happen that made me think she must miss her mommy.  She was happy, but ready to go.   We love her and her parents.  I took my camera down to the sidewalk to get a photo of all of our guests together before they left and didn't even remember to get one then until we were walking back up the stairs after they left.  Oh Bother!  Oh well, life isn't about photos it's about memories.  No, it's really much more than that ...

Here are a couple photos that Michael got with his phone (and I added later).  We were in the clinic for the bone marrow biopsy when these were taken.  (more added info - the next day we went to the clinic and the receptionist at the lab told us she had met our son and granddaughter and that she was so cute.  It was such a pleasant experience for all of us. Happy day!)

 


We listened to the State of the Union and I got kinda tired of it ... so I decided to put together a puzzle - much more exciting.  (I don't like to talk politics too much, but I guess I just told you where I stand!)

Now, as for how Terry is feeling ...
He is fine!   But you already knew that didn't you!
We are grateful that today's bone marrow biopsy was one of the easier rather than harder he has experienced.  He will feel some discomfort for a few days, but it will not be his worst problem or discomfort.
We received a call this afternoon telling us that Terry's platelets are low and he will have a platelets infusion tomorrow.
We continue daily hydration and Foscarnet infusions.

Oh, another bit of news.  We also heard this evening that the move is going to be postponed until further notice.  We are still Apt. #312 for a few more days or weeks or whatever it ends up being.


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Here's some easy crafty fun to do when the puzzles are all unpuzzled. Wish I could do these for my grandchildren!
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/totally-adorable-homemade-valentines-to-make-with-kids