Wednesday, January 1, 2014

T39

The infusion went well this morning and the walk was nice to and from the clinic today.  The darkness in the air at 7:15 am was gone by 7:50am.  The light was trying to shine through the thick fog enough to let us know it was daytime.

This first infusion was done in the clinic and I was taught how to infuse it and will now infuse Ganciclovir at home twice a day.  Trying to keep track of all the medicine and times each is to be given is really challenging me the last few days, especially when there are appointments that interfere.  There have been several medicines added, but there have been a few stopped too.  And the good news is that the most terrible medicine is down to 2 instead of 6 a day (until further notice, which could be anytime really).

In addition to the 46 assorted pills scattered over about 7 different times throughout the day we add:
Two infusions of Ganciclovir (about 10 to 12 hours apart), each taking an hour to infuse.
One hydration (with magnesium) infusion a day (taking about 4 hours).
Two nasal irrigation with budesonide inhalation added to the saline.
Beclolmethasone (in corn oil) 4 times a day.

Good news today - they took Terry off isolation so he doesn't have to wear the masks anymore in the clinic.  That is always nicer!

There was some excitement out our window and up the street a ways this evening.  We heard sirens as usual and some went right past our apartment and stopped where we could see them.  Looking out the window we saw so many emergency vehicles and people everywhere. We don't know what the problem was, but after a few minutes we smelled a little bit of smoke/fire smell and our eyes were kind of burning like when there is smoke in the air. 

Maybe the news will share what happened, but I'm not gonna stay up to find out.  Things are back to normal now and all must be well. 

Good Night!

No comments: