Friday, January 3, 2014

T41

Blood draw and clinic visit today.
We saw three new members on our team today.  We always have a different nurse on Fridays because it is Pat's day off, so that is not too new.  The other doctors trade off so much here that we are accustomed to new doctors often, but always excited when we get a good one.  We feel like we got good ones today, but we like the last two as well (and we were happy to get them). 

Our last visit we saw a "stand in" doctor, and he was one we had seen in 2010, and the doctor that we had our first consultation with back then.  It was fun to see him and he said he recognized us too, but the news was very disappointing.  We had a nice visit today with the new doctors and things seemed positive, giving a bit more hope to look forward too. 

We were so hopeful that the numbers would have been better and we are still disappointed that they are not, but we have been given new hope.

Good news for Terry today is that we begin tapering the prednisone.  I couldn't help but laugh inside as they handed me the tapering schedule and I thought "here we go again" changing the medication just as I seem to be getting familiar with what I'm doing. It's okay though, it's just kinda funny.

It rained so hard last night, but today we've seen the sun a few times in a few places.  Walking back from the clinic was great as the sun was shining in our faces.  It was a nice walk.

We drove to the bank and to Safeway.  It was a nice little outing and it felt good to get out and do something.  We waited a little while at the post office, but the line was so long and not dwindling very quickly so we decided to buy stamps another time.  We also drove a few blocks looking for a place to air up one of our tires but there wasn't a place, so we just came back and will do that later.  Maybe we will search online to find a place instead of driving all over.

We hope you have a good weekend.  We've got a free weekend, other than going to pick up a few medication refills.  I don't know how we will fill the rest of our time, it will all depend on how the weather is and how Terry is feeling.  But, you know we will report on it daily (unless I am forgetful ..., again).
;)

TTFN
(I guess I'm going back to those other good ole days when we would hear and say Ta Ta For Now!)

1 comment:

Gregory said...

I have a compressor built onto my truck. If you want to swing by I will get that aired up. At least you know where to go.