Saturday, November 9, 2013

Friday Report!

Friday appointments included a blood draw and a CT scan for Terry.  These might seem somewhat easy, and indeed they are, but Terry has been having a hard time sleeping, due to the chemos and meds he's been given, so he's feeling quite weak and tired, though not sleepy enough to sleep, so he was up all night Thursday, which seems to make him more weak, of course.  I can see that he is shaky and hear that his voice is not very strong, but  I am glad that all this will subside with time. 

The drink he has to take for the CT scan always makes him feel strange too, so that will not be pleasant.

We did some grocery shopping in the morning before heading to the clinic.  We walked home at about 4:30 and anxiously awaited the arrival of Brandon and Megan.  They came and saw the apartment and then we headed down the road, with Royal City our destination.

We had one stop on the way, and that was Costco at Issaquah.  We purchased the final groceries needed and headed home, about 6:30. 

I have a hard time driving at night because I just can't see and judge distances very well in the dark, and it's so much worse when it rains.  It started raining, so I was struggling.  I was so grateful for the new roads that have been constructed just over the pass, because the lanes are wider and the lines are brighter, making it a bit easier than years past.  My eyes were glued to the lines and I couldn't tell you how anything else around me looked, but Terry says there was no snow on the pass.  The trees were pretty, with a bit of snow on them when we traveled over Tuesday ..., I guess that's gone, but I can only tell you that because that's what Terry told me.

We are happy to be home again!
(For many reasons.)

Photo for today is a duplicate - if you saw this post, a couple days ago, you might wonder why I'm posting the same photo again.  Well, let me tell you -


We did some counting as we walked this hill to give you an idea of just how steep this is.  The corner where Terry is standing is where I will begin.  I'll call that floor level, which it would be if we were up to the end of the sidewalk all the way, or inside that building Terry is standing beside.

Walking down this first block takes us down almost 3 stories difference.
The next block is 1 story difference from one end to the other.
The last block down this walking route is a 2 story difference.

So, that is about a 6 story difference from the top of this hill to the bottom of it, where we turn left to go to the Pete Gross House - about a three block walk. 


Maybe I'll remember to get some photos this weekend so you can see something new on the next post.

Have a great weekend!



No comments: