Thursday, November 21, 2013

Wednesday, Day 3 of Conditioning

My Bad - I went to bed without posting last night.  Sorry!  I remembered at 10:00pm, but didn't want to get up and do it then because I get up early in the morning no matter what time I go to bed, and 10:00 was already late enough.

Wednesday was a simple day for us as far as appointments go. 
Infusion at 8:00am.  The nurse and doctor came to see how Terry was doing.  These people, including our infusion nurse today, are all good people and we are grateful for their care.

We didn't leave the infusion room as early as we did the last couple days, because Terry had to have some more fluids.  They watch the creatinine levels here really closely and want to make sure that the kidneys are getting enough fluids to flush through all this medicine and chemical they give him, especially now that conditioning has begun and transplant is on it's way.  That count was too high on the last lab report so they want him to do some daily IV fluids.  We haven't had the pump class yet so it was done in clinic yesterday. 

They told him to drink more, which he did, and now he's getting IV fluids so he is feeling pretty water logged now.  With the other crummy feelings he has, including a headache, yesterday became a kinda miserable day for him.  He is getting deeper into this each and every day and is not looking forward to the way he will feel after TBI and transplant.  I really hope and pray that this works!

He got to take his last Bactrim yesterday and today he gets to take his last Allopurinol, but tomorrow he begins MMF, which will put him at 32 pills a day, 6 different times a day, and more if he needs some for nausea or in clinic procedures.  It is getting kind of tricky.  (No wonder his kidneys are complaining.)  They give us a great medicine schedule that helps a lot with figuring out times of day to give them, so I transfer some of that to our weekly schedule to remind me what days he starts and finishes what medicines.  


Well ...,
I am wondering if I should report about today on this post, or wait until tonight ..., 


While I was processing that thought I heard another siren.  That happens often throughout the night, similar to the coyotes at home.  I do not really like coyotes, but I don't mind hearing them.  It's kinda cool sounding sometimes, so long as I feel safe inside.  These sirens aren't as pleasant of a sound, because they usually mean distress of some sort, and even injury or loss of life or possessions, so it's a bit unnerving to hear.  I suppose one gets used to it after months and years of hearing it, but it's not quite as nice for me as coyotes yelping and sounding off in the fields.


Okay ...,
I have processed that thought and I think I'll wait.  I'll write you again tonight to share todays happenings.

Love to all!
And again, sorry I didn't get the word out last night ..., my bad.  Getting up at 5:00am is too hard if I don't try to get some sleep around 9:30 or 10:00pm the night before.  And I can't seem to keep myself asleep past 5:00 or 6:00am.   Oh Bother!  Sometimes it is just too early.


Oh! I almost forgot!
I borrowed a puzzle from the lobby yesterday.

 
1000 piece puzzle of flowers.  There's more than one way to enjoy a beautiful garden.  Taking care of this garden won't be as dirty ..., my fingernails will stay clean and there will be no dirt or pollen in the room ..., but it might be as time consuming.  It's a tough one. 
But no more eating at the dining table until it's done!  ;)

Okay, write ya later!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

It'd be sweet if MMF stood for morning muffins instead of Mycophenolate mofetil, but then that wouldn't meet Terry's current needs. So do your thing, MMF, in getting Terry healthy once again! On second thought, if you two begin talking to the meds as I just did, more prescriptions may be issued.
Prayers going up often.

Louise said...

I agree, 5:00 am is too early- so why do I wake up then too?? I'm anxious to hear how things go today, I'm thankful you are surrounded by good medical staff and have lots of prayers being offered up. Thanks for the update!