Thursday, November 21, 2013

Okay, Today's News Today!

I didn't forget to post about today, today!


We received a Thanksgiving package this morning from "The Volunteer Service Program" and "generous donors" at the SCCA Clinic.


A few days ago I got a call telling us that we had been selected to receive this package.  If I remember correctly, someone had suggested it or given them our name.  The lady that called was so happy sounding and pleasant that the call itself made my day.  I truly felt Heavenly Father's love for us through this woman on the phone.

I knew that we didn't really need this financially, but we did need to feel this love.  I can't express how happy and pleased we were after this call.

I was told when and where to go to pick up this package.  A few seconds after we hung up she called back and said she just realized that we are in the Pete Gross House and that means they would deliver it to us. Can it get any better?  I think not!  Anyway, today they delivered it. 




It came in a reusable bag, not just a paper bag. They couldn't deliver perishables, so they included a $30.00 Safeway card.  We do feel blessed.  We know that the Lord is aware of us and loves us.  We are so grateful for the goodness of the people who give and share and bless others lives..., our lives.

 
Oh, we got a new toilet today too.  The toilet in our bedroom wouldn't flush, so we told them and they came and checked it out the next day.  Two days later they replaced the toilet.  Easy as that!  Never had it so easy!
 
We had a blood draw and clinic visit and pump teach today.  The only new news at the clinic visit was that we know for sure that the donor will take two days to collect, which means transplant will be Saturday.  Terry will receive TBI tomorrow.
 
The pump class was to remind us how to use the pump for hydration that Terry is now getting here at home.  I remember being so nervous the first time I had to be responsible for this, and today I was much more relaxed.  I guess I proved I could do it already.  I still have a little concern ..., enough to help me make sure that I am doing it right.  It's hard to tell what this next picture is, but it's a back pack with his pump (bottom left side) and his hydration (upper right side).  This photo was taken after I set it up and connected it to his line - it's pumping right now, and takes a total of 4 hours to infuse 1000 ml of fluid.  (He's almost done.)
 


Terry is feeling about the same as yesterday.  Tomorrow could be the worst day yet depending on how he feels after TBI.  It wasn't too pleasant last time, as he was throwing up and feeling rotten.  I so wish I could make things better for him, but all I can do is love him and help him, and pray for him.  I'm doing all that, so now I need to keep a good attitude! 

The sun was out today and yesterday, but the chill in the air keeps our hands and noses cold as we walk to and from the clinic. 

Oh!  Gotta Go!  The pump is beeping, telling us it's done!

4 comments:

Louise said...

Such a tender mercy you received today. We continue to pray the next few days will go as smoothly and painless as possible. Upward and onward!!

Ellen said...

Elaine, I am so thankful you are such an awesome helpmate for my brother. You are a true blessing and I I always marvel at all you do. I too am praying that this works. I love that you got the Thanksgiving package. We will continue praying for you both. Terry, you such an inspiration in so many ways....you both are and I love you! May the Lord's choicest blessings be yours with extra help these next few days..

Bonnie said...

Lots of good people in the Boise area will be praying for you for the next two weeks! And beyond, I'm certain. :)

Deb K said...

May I add to the prayers too. Hope all goes well. You are in our thoughts and prayers.