Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday

We had a blood draw today but we won't hear about results of that unless there is a big problem with the counts, so we expect a simple weekend as far as infusion or blood needs.

We met with the doctors to determine what Terry should do about the sores he has on his skin.  He has had these (they come and go) for several months now, but no one has suggested anything for it until now, and we have asked about them several times, including to our oncologist in Wenatchee.  We now have an antibiotic cream to put on them so that they might heal better.

When we stopped at the pharmacy we thought we would come home with just a small tube of ointment, but we ended up with a full large bag of medicines that Terry will begin taking after transplant. Our medicine shelf is stacked full now.  These are not new to him, and in fact, they are well known and not very desirable. He doesn't look forward to having to take them, but it will be worth it if this transplant works.

We are back at the apartment for another lazy evening. 

I was thinking that there have been too many days that I'm not sure what to write and don't feel like my posts are as good as I'd like them to be, but I post them anyway.  Today I thought I'd search for a quote to add, maybe something to help you smile, and ironically, I came upon this one - 


“If you would not be forgotten
as soon as you are dead and rotten,
either write something worth reading
or do things worth the writing.”
 
- Benjamin Franklin
quote found here


I guess I'll have to work harder at one of those things.  Hope you have a great evening.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Elaine, you do a great job with the blog. Your family and friends read it to find out how you're all doing, not to gain some profound literary experience. Thank you for your updates, no matter how long or short, with or without photos.
Love from Boise

Ellen said...

Love your blog no matter what you write and just appreciate so much your faithful entries which allows us all to know what is goin on. I resent a card, along with another one today. Not sure why the one returned unless you had already moved to the Pete Gross House by the time it got to Seattle. Hope they get to you. Hugs to you both!

Louise said...

That quote made me smile, thank you! I too look forward to your posts, we are concerned and anxious for you and Terry and praying for this transplant to be a success. Thank you for the updates Elaine.