Sunday, December 15, 2013

Guests!

We had guests for Saturday night and Sunday.  Such an exciting time!

Michael and Tawnee brought Anthony over after a drive he had Saturday (and some shopping they did).
Thomas and Dana went to BrittanyJo's basketball game in Cle Elum and then they came over after that.

They arrived late in the evening, with only a little time to visit before bedtime, but when we woke up everyone was still here ..., it was awesome (almost like Christmas excitement).

Elsie walked in like she remembered us and came right to me.  I hope that means she did remember us and not that she is just so good natured that she will go to anyone, even though that could be nice at times too.

Akleigh and Auger were so excited to be here too, both smiling with great pleasure  - I think I understood the feeling because that is how I felt. 

It was wonderful to see them all again and have them spend time with us. We look forward to having them here again.

We walked to the clinic for blood draw Sunday morning and then went up to the roof to see the sights from there.  We put puzzles together, visited, listened to Christmas music, made a manger with baby Jesus and ate (of course).  Let me share a few photos from this wonderful day (in no particular order) ...

The children are watching the birds out the window ...


Auger enjoys coloring time with his grandpa while grandpa is getting his hydration and putting his legs up (doctors orders - you are either walking and getting some exercise or sitting with your legs up) ...


Up on the roof top (maybe this is where the reindeer will come on the night before Christmas) ...


Here is our baby Jesus in the manger filled with hay (instructions in the Friend, but we didn't cut out the pieces from the friend, we drew our own and used what we had - it worked!) ...


Walking to the clinic ...


In the elevator coming down from the 6th floor - the floor with the best view of the lake ...



At the windows of the 6th floor lobby - transplant floor ...


Ready for the walk back to the apartment ...


Walking from the clinic with a cup of hot chocolate ...


Breakfast, puzzles, visiting, and can you see that they brought us a tree?  I'll get it fixed up another day.


A box can make a great chair ...


This little apartment felt a bit stuffed at times, but it was a great stuffed feeling.  One of my older kids told me many years ago (while he was still a youngster) that if being spoiled meant you have a lot, then I was certainly spoiled.  Let me tell you that when I see my husband, our children (including their wives) and our grandchildren I do certainly feel spoiled.  I am very blessed!

We missed our other family members and look forward to someday spending some quality time with them.  Love to all!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh so thrilled for the happy time you two were able to spend with your loved ones! Not spoiled, but definitely blessed!!!

Tyler said...

Our family felt spoiled yesterday too. Erika and Jordan, Amber and Dallin and Grandpa John ate with us then we had face time with Tyler and Cortney and McKenzie. Dallin spoke in church and did an awesome job. They gave me a Priesthood blessing because I have a clogged tear duct repaired this morning. No big deal but when it comes to incisions and stitched I feel better having a blessing. So thankful family was able to be with you for a little while. We pray they made it home safely. Sending love and prayers to all.
Love the Larson families

Louise said...

Oh those pictures are enough to warm any heart!! Families are such a blessing, especially eternal families! Have a great week.

Ellen said...

I just love the picture of the little ones looking out the window. So glad you could have the family over to visit. We get lonely for family here too and know how much you miss yours. I hope this is a good day for both of you and that you are able to get the wax you need. I have never done anything fancy like Bon bons so I can't know how frustrating that would be...today will be 3 steps forward and none back! Love you both!