Saturday, December 14, 2013

T20

I woke up and realized I hadn't posted and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to take care of that right now.

We were watching an old Christmas show and I was doing some scrapbooking into the evening and just neglected to post.  Sorry!

Things were pretty much the same with Terry.  We did walk to the clinic because the weather was much warmer than previous days.  It felt good to walk but the fog was so thick that there was mist in the air on our way there and the wind picked up giving a bit more of a chill on the way back.

The counts are maintaining -
Platelets at 68 (they will continue to fluctuate like this, but always on the rise, so this is not a problem).
WBC were 0.55
RBC were 3.08
Neutrophils were 0.22

They keep telling us to give it a couple more days.  Things are going slow, but that's not a problem.

Terry is still loosing hair, but it isn't as much as the couple days before, so it's slowing down.  I need to cut it because it is getting long, but I didn't bring anything to do that with.  I ordered a pair of hair cutting scissors and a hair cape and they got here today, so if we want we will try to get that done tomorrow, unless we wait for the hair clippers that the kids will bring with them Sunday. We'll see.  I might be a bit sleepy tomorrow because of being up at 3am for posting.

I have another puzzle from the lobby that I'm putting together. I have thought with a couple of these puzzles that they were familiar.  I thought that meant that we have them at home, but I am just realizing that it could be because I put this same puzzle together, here three and a half years ago.  That's probably what it really is. Puzzles get harder for me as I get older, because I can't really see everything in the pieces like I should.  Sometimes a different lighting or angle helps and I feel pretty silly for not seeing it before.  Age does play tricks on us in many ways.

(Somebody upstairs couldn't sleep either, but they are making more noise than I am.  Shhh!)


Well, 20 days down ....

I have been wondering how this transplant compares to the first one and finally checked the blog to see if there were any similarities to give me an idea of what was going on at around this time last time.  I finally did that during this late night visit to the computer.  It actually sounds quite similar.   You will find  info about day T22, 2010 posted HERE.

I also found that engraftment began to take place on day 27. That 2010 post can be found HERE.



Well, I'm getting sleepy again so I'll head back to bed.  It always takes me forever to get from start to finish with a post, so I've been here awhile, and I can't think of anything else to say.  I'll try to be quiet going back into bed so I don't wake up Terry.

Goodnight!

No comments: