Friday, December 27, 2013

T34

We had an early 7:45 CT sinus scan this morning and then a 9:15 blood draw.  We waited about 50 minutes or more for the scan but arrived early for the blood draw and waited only about 5 minutes.  We picked up one of the new medicines and headed back to the apartment for breakfast. 

Our next appointment was at 1:00pm with part of the team. We learned that the change in medication grew.  This GVHD has changed a few things, so our meds schedule page looks pretty crazy right now as I have crossed out and added in all the changes and additions.  The CT scan this morning showed exactly what we expected - the sinuses are worse so medication has been added for that.  The cyclosporine is causing some blood pressure issues so he is beginning medication for that.   We must remember that this medication will keep changing and eventually be quite minimal but right now it is at it's highest.  I did a quick count and it looks like about 56 pills a day, plus the nasal irrigation 2 times a day and the liquid oil like medication 4 times a day. Some are to be taken on an empty stomach, some are not to be taken within two hours of dairy or magnesium, some with food.  It's so tricky right now! 

We ended up waiting over an hour at the pharmacy because of all of the changes.  WOW!   There are six in this bag and remember we picked one up earlier today.

We are back at the apartment and all is well.  Well..., as well as can be expected right now.  We rode the shuttle for each appointment today, coming and going.  It was too cold and wet today to walk. This is our ride as we look out of the first floor / lobby area of the clinic.  It felt and looked like it was just before sunset, but it was only about 3:40pm.  A bit dark and dreary.

Terry just finished one of his Christmas books - Glenn Becks Miracles and Massacres and I am finishing laundry.   For some reason this day has made us very tired and sleepy, so it can be over anytime now and not cause a problem here.    We hope you have a good one!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

So sorry to learn of the GVHD, blood pressure and sinus issues. I'm sure it has to feel like enough already. I am glad the family could be with you for Christmas and that you were able to stay home for the day. We will keep praying for a speedier and complete recovery. So sad about your horse. I remember when we lived in Chesterfield Idaho and our paint pony died....that was so sad..he got his hoof caught in his hacks more and strangled. Love you two so much. Here's praying for a really GOOD new year. Love, Ellen

Bonnie said...

Will also pray for some warmer, sunnier days there for you. Sounds like you have to be a math whiz to keep track of all the meds. Hoping you're able to begin subtracting soon!