Tuesday, December 10, 2013

T17

Uh Oh!  I skipped a day.  That's probably because they all seem the same as the next.  However, I did ride the shuttle to the grocery store yesterday afternoon and that was different than normal.  Terry felt about the same, and he stayed home resting and getting his hydration for the hour I was gone.

Today we had blood draw and a clinic team visit.  The good news for the day is that counts are rising.  First come the platelets, which are at 58 today.  Terry hasn't been at 58 for a very long time, unless it was just after a platelets infusion, so we are pleased.  They tell us that the platelets come first and then the whites will begin to increase in a few more days.  By this weekend we should see some changes there.  I just looked at what records I have available to me, and it looks like November 2012 Terry had 54 platelets count and in May that year they were 59, so nothing that high that we know of for over a year.

Let me clarify that this does not yet mean that engraftment is taking place, this just means that counts are up.  When the whites are up for a few days in a row then they call it engraftment (but I don't remember what that number is) - we promise to let you know.  They are at 26 today.  Don't let yesterday's non-post day worry you too much.  If there is change I will surely remember to post it.  :)

Terry thought he was feeling pretty good this morning until he took his early meds. Then he started feeling kinda crummy.

We thought he wasn't going to have any hair loss this time because it's been 2 1/2 weeks after TBI and he hasn't had any..., then this morning he showered and couldn't get the hair to stop falling out.  I suppose it will keep falling out for a few more days.

We took the shuttle to the clinic (shame on us) because he just didn't have the energy to walk.  We waited for medication and hydration after our visits and then walked home.  The weather is much better today, though the sun was hiding.

It was so exciting to walk down the hall to our front door and find these cute mittens greeting us.  We moved them inside so we could see them throughout the day as we walk by.  They are another sweet kindness from the Hutch School children. 



The Hutch School kids are missing their holidays at home too, so doing these nice things for us must make their hearts feel better.  We're going to have to come up with a nice little Christmas surprise for each of them.  Think...think...think!  I'm going to have to find out how many children there are.

One thing I do know  - when we go shopping I'm going to get a wreath for the door.  Won't that be lovely! 

Christmas is certainly on it's way.  Signs are showing up everywhere.  We have received a few Christmas cards and gifts and we thank you all for thinking of us over here!   I went down to get the mail today and we got a note telling us there were packages in the office for us.  I thought it was stuff I ordered, but, Oh what fun it was to find surprises along with the things I ordered. 

These two cute things from my wonderful visiting teachers -

 
 
We also received a gift for under our tree ..., um ..., we are working on that ..., the tree that is.  



We thought the kids might come see us tomorrow, but we were running into some conflicts, so we are thinking they will come Sunday.  It's been about a month since we have been home, so it'll be good to see them sometime soon.  They will bring one of our trees with them.


Now here is a link Connor shared with us - you should enjoy it too.

http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=2874125972001


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Aw, I love the video, and hurray for counts beginning the upward climb!