Wednesday, December 18, 2013

T25

Somehow we got thinking it was Thursday today and found it quite relieving when we realized it was only Wednesday.  Luckily we didn't miss any appointments, though we were a couple hours early for blood draw, but no one said anything about it.  The days do seem to run together here lately.

We drove up to the bank and Safeway, and we found paraffin wax!  So, I dipped some bon bons this afternoon and packaged some for our missionaries, wrapped some gifts and walked back to the clinic to mail some more Christmas packages while Terry was getting some rest and hydration. (6 hours of hydration now days.)  I am so happy that the clinic mails things for us because it really makes my life less complicated.  It's definitely a tender mercy for me.

I dipped the rest of the bon bons after getting back from mailing the packages.  They are now done! YA!



I was able to get some more cleaning done too, and a couple loads of laundry (I'm washing bedding from the weekend).  I also vacuumed half of the apartment, but I'll finish the other half tomorrow.  It's looking a little better in here now, but there is still more to do.  I create a mess as quickly as I clean one up.  One step at a time!  That is how we take things around here.

Speaking of one step at a time ...
We received a call from the doctor (message left on my phone when I was at the shipping department) telling us that Terry's neutrophils have been up over 500 for two days in a row now.  They consider that to mean engraftment has begun. Today they are 670 and yesterday they were 560.  That's good to hear!  Those are not normal counts, but they are the numbers they look for at this point and time.  This means more good days ahead.  Unfortunately it still also means that there are more bad days ahead.  Things don't just automatically get better when the counts start to go up.  We will be watching carefully for GVHD (Graft Verses Host Disease).   But this is progress and we love progress.

It's been a good day!
We hope you had a good day too!

(I hope this post made sense and was spelled correctly ..., I'm feeling pretty tired and my mind is going ..., going ..., gone!

1 comment:

The Stanley's said...

We think this sounds like a very good day. And your chocolates look wonderful! Keep on healing and smiling!