Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy December to All!


As I sat at the table working on a puzzle this morning I could hear a lot of noise outside.  I wondered if it was people in the park playing ball or kids having fun, but it sounded like it could be a group of people watching a fight or brawl and cheering on the fighters, so I was concerned about walking to the clinic with the unknown noise so close.  I'm such a pessimist at times.

Just before we left our apartment we heard a siren and the noise stopped.  We went outside and took a look down the street to see what the noise was and if we felt safe walking.  That's when I felt pretty silly - the noise was definitely people cheering on other people, but it was for the Seattle Marathon that took place today.  They ran down the street on the other end of our block (Republican).  Well, that was exciting.

It was even more fun to see the runners as we rounded the corner up on Eastlake Ave. We could see where they were all coming from.


People everywhere ...
 


Exciting.

Terry read (and completed) a book titled Journal of the Trail.  It was interesting to learn some things he hadn't remembered or been aware of.
I put the other puzzle together. 


It's interesting how a puzzle takes shape.  I always start with the edges, but then I get pulled in by certain colors or designs and do that group first.  With this puzzle I wasn't sure what I would do first, but I was pulled right into the horizon starting from right to left, and the clouds and sky.  The last part was the lower right corner of weeds - it was most tricky.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Awesome puzzle. You are pretty fast too. We got about two inches of snow last night so it looks really pretty this morning. Love you both and hope this is a good day for you!